To draw the hydrogen Bohr model, begin by noting the 1 proton and 0 neutrons. Create the nucleus, and then proceed to sketch the first electron shell.
Write protons, neutrons, and electrons of hydrogen atom
Hydrogen has 1 proton, 0 neutron, and 1 electron.
Draw nucleus of hydrogen atom
The nucleus of a hydrogen atom contains 1 proton and 0 neutron. So draw the nucleus of hydrogen atom as follows:
Now in the next step, draw the 1st electron shell and start marking electrons.
Draw 1st electron shell
Remember that we have a total of 1 electron.
The 1st electron shell (containing s subshell) can hold up to a maximum of 2 electrons. So draw the 1st electron shell as follows:
In the above image, 1 represents the 1st electron shell that contains 1s subshell. And the green color represents the number of electrons in that subshell. This means that the 1st electron shell has a total of 1 electron.
That’s it! This is the final Bohr model of hydrogen atom as we have only 1 electron and that is marked in the 1st electron shell.
Next: Helium Bohr model
- Bohr Model of Hydrogen – Waston – Louisiana Tech University
- File:1 H Bohr model.png – Wikimedia Commons
- Bohr’s Hydrogen Atom – Chemistry LibreTexts
- Bohr’s model of hydrogen (article) – Khan Academy
- Bohr model – Wikipedia
- Bohr model | Description, Hydrogen, Development, & Facts – Britannica
- Bohr’s Theory of the Hydrogen Atom | Physics – Lumen Learning
- Why does the Bohr model work perfectly for only hydrogen? – Socratic
- What is the Bohr model for hydrogen only, and why can’t it be applied to other elements in general? – Quora
- Bohr’s model of the hydrogen atom – Dawson College
- Bohr Model of the Hydrogen Atom – Chemistry Steps
- Bohr Model of the Atom – Overview and Examples – ThoughtCo
- How to draw a Bohr model for hydrogen – Homework.Study.com
Learnool.com was founded by Deep Rana, who is a mechanical engineer by profession and a blogger by passion. He has a good conceptual knowledge on different educational topics and he provides the same on this website. He loves to learn something new everyday and believes that the best utilization of free time is developing a new skill.