In the boron Bohr model, the nucleus is composed of 5 protons and 6 neutrons. Orbiting this nucleus are two electron shells, carrying a total of 5 electrons.
To draw the boron Bohr model, note the 5 protons, 6 neutrons, and 5 electrons. Begin by sketching the nucleus, and then depict the two electron shells. The first shell should contain 2 electrons, while the second holds the remaining 3 electrons.
Write protons, neutrons, and electrons of boron atom
Boron has 5 protons, 6 neutrons, and 5 electrons.
Draw nucleus of boron atom
The nucleus of a boron atom contains 5 protons and 5 neutrons. So draw the nucleus of boron atom as follows:
Now in the next step, draw the 1st electron shell and start marking electrons.
Draw 1st electron shell
Remember that we have a total of 5 electrons.
The 1st electron shell (containing s subshell) can hold up to a maximum of 2 electrons. So draw the 1st electron shell as follows:
In the above image, 1 represents the 1st electron shell that contains 1s subshell. And the green color represents the number of electrons in that subshell. This means that the 1st electron shell has a total of 2 electrons.
Since we have already used 2 electrons in the 1st electron shell, now we have 5 – 2 = 3 electrons left. So in the next step, we have to draw the 2nd electron shell.
Draw 2nd electron shell
The 2nd electron shell (containing s subshell and p subshell) can hold up to a maximum of 8 electrons. So draw the 2nd electron shell as follows:
In the above image, 2 represents the 2nd electron shell that contains 2s and 2p subshells. And the green and orange color represents the number of electrons in that subshell. This means that the 2nd electron shell has a total of 3 electrons.
That’s it! This is the final Bohr model of boron atom as we have used all 5 electrons: 2 electrons in the 1st electron shell and 3 electrons in the 2nd electron shell.
Next: Carbon Bohr model
- File:5 boron (B) Bohr model.png – Wikimedia Commons
- Bohr Model Of Boron Atom – Borates Today
- How to draw Bohr diagram for Boron(B) atom – Topblogtenz
- Boron Bohr Model: Diagram, Steps To Draw – Techiescientist
- What is the Bohr diagram for boron? – Homework.Study.com
- What is the Bohr model of boron? – Quora
- Chemical Elements.com – Boron (B) – Chemical Elements.com
- Bohr Diagrams of Atoms and Ions – Chemistry LibreTexts
- How can I make the atomic model of boron? – Socratic
- how many electrons are located in the outermost energy level in the Bohr model of a boron atom? – Wyzant
- Boron Bohr model | Science – ShowMe
- Boron – Key Stage Wiki
- What is the Bohr model of an ion of Boron? – Answers
- How to Make a Boron Atom Model – Sciencing
- How many electrons are located in the outermost orbit in the Bohr model of a boron atom? – Brainly
- Boron (B) – Periodic Table – ChemicalAid
- create a bohr atomic model of boron, the model should show protons, neutrons, electrons in the correct parts and be labeled – Bartleby
Learnool.com was founded by Deep Rana, who is a mechanical engineer by profession and a blogger by passion. He has a good conceptual knowledge on different educational topics and he provides the same on this website. He loves to learn something new everyday and believes that the best utilization of free time is developing a new skill.